To celebrate Halloween we’ve been getting the pumpkin ready, decorating the house and making yummy but very simple, delicious gluten free treats!
So I may not be the best gluten free baker, but to make these chocolate spooky cakes are really simple…I’ve taken this recipe from Doves Website.
150g soft butter ( I use unsalted)
150g of caster sugar
150g of Doves Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
3 eggs (beaten)
60ml of semi skimmed milk
10 ml of cocoa power (I use Green and Blacks Organic Cocoa which is gluten free, but make sure you check the label)
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c or 160c (if using fan oven).
2. Decide if you’ve going with cupcakes or silicone moulds (or both). Grease and flour the silicone mould.
3. Cream the soft butter with the caster sugar until fluffy. I tend to do this with a fork initially.
4. Add the beaten eggs a little at a time, mix with a blender (I use a hand held one). Add a little flour.
5. Mix the cocoa power with the milk – whisk before adding to the mix. Add the baking powder and fold in the flour.
6. Transfer the mix to cupcake cases (and/or) silicone mould.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the tops are springy.
8. Cool on a wire rack before decorating.
Even more simple are these yummy marshmallow ghosts….
That’s the gluten free treats sorted! All we need is the trick and treaters…..
Ghastly Dead-borah x