I love listening to music and I find that certain tracks remind me of memories of certain events, for example Will Young’s track “Grace” reminds me of when I was on a train going on a training course, whilst suffering with morning sickness. Even now – listening to it makes me nauseous!!
Anyway, I decided to put together a Cancer Fight playlist – to help me when I’m having my recovery days from chemo and to remind me that every session I have is fighting it!
It took a little while to put together – every song on my playlist is significant to me and helps me to become a little bit stronger every day. So I thought I would share……
– “Brave Man” by Will Young “. Now the words in this track really resinant with me particularly the words “I’m not afraid to fight the war (on cancer), I’m a brave man…not afraid to tumble, not afraid to fall.”
– “Stronger” by Sugababes. What I love about this track is the sense of feeling strong! “When my landscape changes, rearranges, I’ll be stronger than I’ve ever been…” Yes and I know I will be!
– “Feeling Good” by Michael Buble. This is a track that was played on my wedding day so has good memories and is a good reminder to cherish each day. “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me, and I’m feeling good.” Of course I acknowledge that I don’t always feel good!!
– “You’re not alone” by Olive. I couldn’t not have a 90’s dance track! This track is a good reminder that I’m very fortunate to have lots of family and friends around me.
– “Heaven” by Emeli Sandi. I first heard this track when me and my husband were driving through London, it was a beautiful summers day. Good thoughts come to mind when I hear this track.
– “Wings (acoustic)” by Birdy. This track makes me feel really relaxed and picks me up on my recovery days…. Wouldn’t it be great to have wings?
– “Changing (feat Paloma Faith)” by Sigma. I find this track uplifting and quite apt particularly the words “everything is changing and I know I got to let go.” And I am going with the flow!
– “When darkness falls (feat Bridgette Amofah)” by Netsky. This is another uplifting track. Darkness fell the day I was diagnosed but this track reminds me that I am lucky to have people close to my heart that get me through the darkness.
– “Wonderful Life” by Katie Melua. Now this track sums up my feelings with cancer ‘look at me here, here on my own again. I’m straight in the sunshine (of cancer) …no need to run and hide it’s a wonderful life.’ Cancer is a lonely place (even when you have lots of support and love around you) but what it does do is remind you the value life and life is for living!
– “Things can only get better” by D:Ream. Another 90’s track and sums it up nicely – things can only get better and I’m one of the lucky ones that’s got a good chance in beating cancer and this track reminds me of that.
So that’s my playlist, I’m sure I’ll come across other tracks that will be added to the Cancer Fight compliation!
Please feel free to share any tracks that you find uplifting, or perhaps help to put you in a better mood, or just make you happy.
As a good friend of mine said to me:
“Dance like nobody’s watching, love like you’ve never been hurt, sing like nobody’s listening and live like it’s heaven on earth”
I intend too!! And I’m fighting like a girl – #nothingsgonnastopme.